Motion Capture TD/Editor
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
MPC are currently seeking an experienced Motion Capture TD/Editor to support our Crowd, Virtual Production, Layout & Animation teams.
The successful applicant will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Cleaning motions from our motion-capture system and re-targeting them onto a variety of different creatures for use in pre-vis and layout stages of production.
- Creating cycles for use in our crowd system ALICE.
- Run and organise larger, more comprehensive motion-capture shoots for a number of exciting upcoming feature films requiring large scale crowd simulation and virtual production.
- Equipment upkeep and maintenance.
- Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration of motion capture equipment
- Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place
- Capture, solve, clean & re-target motions ready for use in all stages of production, from early previs and layout, through to final shots to be used in both hero animations & within crowds
- Create clean and usable cycles for use within our crowd system ALICE.
- Help organise and run large scale motion capture shoots both internally and externally.
- Deliver on schedule to meet deadlines, and work under pressure if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Leads, and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Help improve & develop the motion capture pipeline and work-flows within the company
- Run virtual production shoots using a mix of technologies including; virtual camera, simul-cam, motion capture (body and face) and virtual reality.
Experience and Skills:
- Experienced user of MotionBuilder, essential
- Experience with Blade, particularly scripting in Blade, advantageous
- Facial capture experience, advantageous
- Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast or games.
- Intermediate-Advanced level user of Maya, or similar 3D package a bonus
- Mel and/or Python scripting ability is desirable, particularly within MotionBuilder & Blade
- Good eye for realistic movement, behaviour and layout both in individuals and crowds/groups.
- Good computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful
- Familiarity with MASSIVE or other crowd simulation packages would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience with the setup & calibration of Optical Motion Capture Equipment, essential
- Experience with virtual reality equipment HTC Vive/Oculus Rift
- Experience with Unity game engine and/or Unreal engine as a user or developer.