Film Technology Assistant
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Technology is at the heart of the company. The Film Technology Assistant is part of the London Technology team. This is a technical position focused on those areas where we interact directly with our clients: high end screening rooms, editorial, on-set supervision, VR, remote viewing and communication systems among others. It‘s an exciting role working with a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and involving contact with some of the biggest names in the movie industry.
The film technology assistant will work with the film engineering team and help with the planning, designing, procurement, implementation and maintenance of media technology systems.
- Assist with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment associated with various technical and operational departments
- Assist with frontline maintenance and troubleshooting of all post production related equipment including professional and consumer grade AV equipment, editorial systems, digital cinema projectors, monitors, video conference systems, AV control systems, motion capture stage, video cameras, video/audio routers, theater control systems etc.
- Help with maintenance and calibration of Digital Cinema DLP projectors
- Creating and maintaining documentation to be shared globally between all MPC Film sites
- Ensuring common working practices and standards across all MPC sites
- Assist with performing hardware, firmware and software upgrades
- Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required
- A BA or BSc in engineering, imaging, or related subject would be preferable but not necessary for the right candidate
- Experience of installation and maintenance in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems
- Familiarity with AV networking streaming technology
- Basic color theory knowledge including a understanding of REC709/DCI color space, gamma encoding, color sub sampling etc.
- Knowledge and experience with various file formats used in post-production including EXR, DPX, TIFF, JPEG2000, H.264, DNX, HEVC, PRORES etc.
- Knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production
- Basic understanding of various media file formats, compression schemes
- Ability to identify and address technical issues while working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious and organised person looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.