Lead UX Designer
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Lead UX Designer for our visual effects toolset in our London-based software team. If you love designing great user interfaces and you want to leave your mark on the future of VFX tools and workflows then you’d be a great fit on our team! You’ll be involved in every step of the process for designing our VFX tools and workflows products - researching the best possible solutions, creating user flows, designing mockups, designing high-fidelity UIs, and creating custom icons and graphics.
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer with an excellent grasp of large scale, complex in-house tooling, processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the overall look and the experience of our software tools and technologies including our flagship tools such as Alice, Kali, Furtility, Volumetrics tools and the way that people interact with them and our complex, global pipeline.
- Design mockups and high-fidelity user interfaces
- Research latest UI technologies, concepts and best practices and provide recommendations to the management team
- Design and work with local team as well as remote members to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy
- Compile, research and create user flows
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems
- Work directly with our engineers, delivering them product specs and assets
- Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff
- Leading the design and interfaces of industry leading technology
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of UI design and interactive
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Experience leading a team and experience of being responsible for delivering large projects successfully
- Degree in the field of Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Knowledge of key VFX applications - Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke a plus
- Solid experience with web technologies and/or Qt
- Basic programming skills and/or the ability to create prototypes is a plus
- Highly committed, passionate and able to lead and inspire a team
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious UX designer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.