- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects
techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.
This is the responsibility of the Software Technology team, where MPC seeks to appoint a UI/UX designer. Qualified candidates will be designing world-class intuitive, attractive, and innovative user interfaces resulting in a class-leading degree of usability.
- Research latest UI technologies, concepts and best practices and provide recommendations to the management team.
- Rapidly prototype new ideas to present examples to both developers and artists.
- Research common workflows of users in production and develop interface solutions to optimise their tasks.
- Formalise Human Interface Guide as reference literature for all application development, both web and Qt based.
- Work with multiple sites on a consistent, locally adaptable design guideline to address location specific differences.
- Create art assets for menus, icons and application specific heads up displays.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive science, graphic design or equivalent.
- Must provide a solid and consistent body of relevant illustration and graphic design work.
- 3+ years designing complex, intuitive UI's.
- Knowledge of web standards & usability best practices.
- Must have good organization, creative, & analytical skills.
- Requires initiative, creativity, and the ability to collaborate well in a group.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of user-centered design process and proven interaction design abilities.
- Creativity to invent new solutions to complex design problems
- Knowledge of VFX or media production processes an advantage
- Basic programming skills (HTML, CSS, Python, QT) and/or the ability to create prototypes is a plus.
- Experience designing desktop software applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with 3D software applications is a plus.