Software Technical Support Analyst
- Vancouver, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Software Technical Support Analyst for our visual effects toolset in our Vancouver-based software team. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
We are looking for a Software Technical Support Analyst with a basic grasp of VFX processes and pipeline or the willingness to learn. The role will be responsible for the support and communication surrounding our software tools and technologies including our flagship tools such as Alice, Amanda, Kali, Furtility, Pronto, Volumetrics tools and more. Provide first-line technical support to out world-class artists using these tools providing critical help to the studio.
- Communicate with artists experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Emulate or reproduce technical problems encountered by artists
- Collect, organize and maintain a knowledge base for use by other support members, artists and software developers
- Participate in the redesign of our tools based on the first hand experience supporting them in production
- Provide advice and training to our artist in response to identified difficulties
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree a plus
- Understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation a plus
- Knowledge of C++ and Python. Fabric’s KL and Lua a bonus
- Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform
- Knowledge of key VFX application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke a plus
- Highly committed and able to work independantly and as a team
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious, technically astute person looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.