Matchmove & Roto-Anim Artist
- Bengaluru, India
The Matchmove artist is responsible for reproducing the geometry, camera movement and object movement of a live-action shot in a 3D environment. And is responsible for 3D rotoscoping, for transformation of characters, face,hand and leg replacements and 3d objects for interactions and shadow. A mid level Matchmove Artist must have experience on a range of large scale film projects encompassing a wide range of camera moves / object tracks and 3d rotoscoping. They should have the ability to work well as part of a team and should have a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Should be multi-skilled in , camera,object tracking and 3d rotoscoping to match live-action footage in a 3D environment and to maintain consistent shot quality
- Participate in matchmove dailies and desk rounds, receiving feedback on your work and following direction from leads
- Help with conforming any Lidar scans, Survey Data or matchmove specific geometry for Matchmove Artists prior to starting a sequence following lead matchmove artist direction
- Able to do full body rotoanim for interactions and replacements
- Do accurate shot breakdowns based on your shot assignment and ensure its being followed upon on a regular basis during show leads desk rounds.
- Support your lead / senior in making sure target deliveries are met
- Make your show lead / senior aware of any technical issues
- Make your show co-ordinator & lead is aware of any production issues
- Make your show lead / HOD aware of any R&D requests that you think may benefit the team
- Ability to navigate the hub dailies viewer to get the required information for their shots
- Ability to understand camera data sheet and turnover sheets
- Should be able to assist with any image based modelling for building Matchmove models.
- Should be able to test rigs for rotoanimation and give feedback to the lead
- Help junior artists with their work
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have thorough knowledge of software based object tracking and 3D rotoscoping of a digital model to a live action background
- Proven Matchmove experience in a large feature-film VFX production environment
- Must be proficient in: 3D Equalizer, Maya and Boujou
- Must have a basic knowledge on Film/Digital SLR cameras
- Must have ability to understand various types of lenses and distortion
- Knowledge of Nuke / Shake compositing software and tracking in Nuke / Shake an advantage.
- Must be able to model and manipulate geometry for scene reconstruction and to aid tracking
- Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Must have a solid understanding of camera moves and filming techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- General understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems
- Ability to work in a team