- London, United Kingdom
The Moving Picture Film Company is known for its award winning development of VFX in the Jungle Book for Disney, The Harry Potter movies, X-Men and more. Our VFX artists are world leaders in this highly specialised industry. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyse and question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business.
This position will be reporting to the Global Production accountant and will look after aspects of film finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing toolset.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of films.
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
- Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows.
- Report and forecast all future revenues and film projects.
- Liaise with senior management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling all costs on film jobs.
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
- Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
- Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure within the Film department.
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
We are looking for a university graduate with 2 years’ + experience who has high energy and is able to effectively bridge the gap between finance and production, the majority of work will be based on excel and therefore a strong excel knowledge and the ability to problem solve is required. There will be responsibility in looking after large projects and ensure that the producers get all the commercial support that they need. This is a dynamic role that will require constant adaptation due to the pace of change at MPC. You will often be required to interact with a wide spectrum of employees across different continents so the ability to manage relationships effectively is a must.
- Experience in a similar data analysis position
- Strong Excel skills required, preferably to macro level
- Strong analytical and oral and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.