Systems Technical Assistant
- Los Angeles, CA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
There is currently a vacancy for a Systems Technical Assistant in the Systems team supporting the Film department. The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux, Mac and Windows.
• Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
• Calibrate artist monitors.
• Coordinate with and help other members of the Systems team.
• Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology.
• Friendly, excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
• Familiarity with Linux, including use of command line and configuration files.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
• Knowledge of MacOS or OSX basic troubleshooting
• A basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
• A degree in a technology related field.
• Linux experience.
• Programming or scripting experience.
• VR Game/Engine experience
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.