- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects and creative studios, producing award winning, high-end VFX and digital projects for the advertising and film industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our normal requirement for Groom TDs is candidates showing considerable experience creating realistic hair and fur for complex, realistic and stylised characters in visual effects or 3D animation. Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate a wider range of talents around CG character development (rigging & animation) and high-end CG production (lighting & rendering).
- Grooming hair, fur, feathers and organic elements using MPC’s proprietary software and off-the-shelf tools
- Painting colour and specular maps for hair, fur and feathers
- Lighting and rendering creatures and characters
- Performing more generalist character and 3D work when required
- Previous experience in advertising, feature film or animation production
- Experience using Maya and/or Houdini as well as specialist hair/fur grooming software
- Solid understanding of the visual effects production pipelines
- Good communication skills to enable you to work well in a team and take direction from clients, directors etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work would be an advantage