Software Developer - Junior
- Montreal, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Junior Software Developer for our visual effects toolset in our software teams. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists, providing the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
We are looking for a software developer with an excellent grasp of VFX processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the further improvement of our software tools and technologies including our flagship tools such as Alice, Kali, Furtility, Volumetrics tools and more.
- Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Work with members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Play a large role in supporting and improving our existing software stack.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- Work with artists and production in the triage and resolution of day to day issues
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
- Basic understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
- Knowledge of C++ or Python. Fabric’s KL and Lua a bonus.
- Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Knowledge of key VFX application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke a plus.
- Experience with Fabric Engine a plus.
- Experience in a technical customer support role a plus.
- Experience operating in a team environment.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.