Systems Administrator - Mid
- Montreal, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to
be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital
projectsof the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Mid Systems Administrator is responsible for executing and delivering a variety of tasks assigned to him.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
- Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
- Administer Windows and Linux based servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
- Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis
- Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Manage the data center power and cooling systems
- Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
- 2-3 years of experience working in an IT position
- Experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high performance computing environment is a definitive asset
- Excellent background in both Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and VMware
- Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to take directions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.