Software Developer - Gaming - Junior
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success. Working primarily with our Software Department we are currently seeking a Junior Software Developer to join our team in London.
We are hiring a Software Developer for our visual effects toolset in our software team. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists, providing the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
We are looking for a software developer with an excellent grasp of VFX processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the further improvement of our software tools and technologies including our flagship tools such as Alice, Kali, Furtility, Volumetrics tools and more.
- Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Work with members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- Work with teams cross site in the development of pipeline tools for a multisite studio
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- experience working in Linux a must
- C++ experience
- Python experience
- Maya/Houdini/Nuke/Katana/PRMan development a bonus
- Unreal/Unity development a bonus
- Highly committed, passionate and able to lead and inspire a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.