- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Principle Rendering Architect to lead the charge at MPC for everything rendering. This is your chance to take the leading role in defining how the largest and most complex VFX films in production are rendered and break the quality bar time and time again. We are looking for a key role in the Software Technology team, based in London, to own the vision for our global approach to lighting and rendering. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies i
To work hand-in-hand with our artists, providing the direction for our lighting and rendering tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
We are looking for a senior developer with an excellent grasp of lighting and rendering processes and pipeline as comfortable with leading a team, owning a vision for the future of our rendering technology and managing relationships with our key vendors.
- Work with senior studio leadership to help define and implement the roadmap for lighting and rendering the most complex shows in production while making sure we remain best in class.
- Provide deep domain expertise in lighting and rendering pipelines.
- Lead aglobal team to ensure that our shading, rendering and lighting tools are well supported and efficiently utilized in production.
- Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Work with teams cross site in the development of pipeline tools for a multisite studio.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of prior experience in the role of Graphics Engineer, Rendering Pipeline Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience leading a team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
- Deep understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, modern light transport
algorithms including unidirectional path tracing with multiple importance sampling.
- Deep knowledge of Industry standard rendering solutions - PRMan a huge benefit.
- Deep knowledge of key lighting applications and their APIs - Specifically Katana and PRMan.
- Experience using development best practices.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an expert in the field of lighting and rendering and want to help MPC define and work with cutting edge technology in this area then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.