- Vancouver, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Lighting TDs are responsible for producing high-quality lighting and rendering for our CG scenes. If you have a passion for lighting and can use Maya and Renderman then we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are used to leading teams of Lighting TDs - all levels are welcome!
For consideration we would expect many of the following skills:
- Strong Knowledge of Renderman (user level)
- Strong understanding of rendering methods.
- Understanding Shading models
- Shader Writing Ability a plus
- Previous experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Mel/Python scripting
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- Previous experience performing Look Development tasks
- Experience of real-world lighting and photography
- Katana experience would be a bonus
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Lighting team at the time you apply we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities. If we do have a position we think would interest you then we will be in touch really soon!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.