- Vancouver, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Reporting to the Imaging Lead, the Imaging Engineer is responsible for ensuring colour accuracy and consistency through the VFX pipeline.
- Look after colour management issues as part of the global imaging team
- Implement colour pipelines for film VFX
- Deal with a range of colour space conversions
- Maintain various software tools used by the department
- Manage and carry out projector calibrations
- Support the operation of screening rooms
- Evaluate new displays
- Strong knowledge of colour science including colour spaces, matrix operations, lookup tables and use of instrumentation
- Experience with colour managing VFX applications including Nuke, RV, Photoshop, Katana, Silhouette
- Strong knowledge of and experience with calibration procedure (monitors and projectors)
- Familiarity with differing display technologies
- Linux knowledge preferred
- Experience with video engineering, scripting and python is an asset
- Familiarity with video streaming a plus
1-2 years of experience in video engineering or colour management in the film industry
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to take direction
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to understand client approval process-
- Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
- Ability to create, manage and work as part of a team
- Ability to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.