Senior Software Engineer - Elixir/Clojure
- 8/99 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
MODRON is a legal tech startup developing innovative dispute resolution
technology for global infrastructures. Our vision is to change the way
disputes are resolved by focusing on human-centric technology which is
designed to facilitate human agility, efficiencies and ultimately
increase access to justice.
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our small team and help develop and grow our products. The successful candidate is someone who cares deeply about the product and the people impacted by it.
As someone who keeps up with latest tools and technologies, you will employ your engineering skills to help shape our products and continuously improve them by designing and implementing modular, reusable and testable applications as part of a scrum team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with our business stakeholders to turn requirements into useful features
- Communicate clearly on technical issues and solutions
- Write and contribute to technical documentation
- Develop and maintain new and existing feaures
- Perform code reviews via Pull Requests on Github
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in web development, including RESTful web services
- A passion for learning new technologies and writing great, maintainable code
- Strong Functional Programming background
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Automated testing - including unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in a CI/CD environment
The following skills are optional but highly desirable:
- AWS - including but not limited to EC2, Lambda, ECS, API Gateway and RDS
- PHP, including frameworks such as Laravel
- Proven experience in data encryption at rest and key management solutions
- Docker, including docker compose
- Hands-on GraphQL experience
What's in it for you
You'll be involved in the very early stages of an innovative tech startup with a promising future.
This is a great opportunity to use your expertise to help shape our tech strategy, company culture and many other aspects of the business, whilst working amongst an excited and driven leadership team.