Engineering Manager - Tools & Shared Services
- 580 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
MNF Group is proudly Australian and one of Asia-Pacific's fastest growing technology companies. Twice winner of the Forbes Asia-Pacific "Best under a Billion" award, our people lead the world as innovators in the delivery of new-generation communications and software solutions. We have built our success by developing our people and setting them loose to develop leading edge products and platforms for our customers, who include some of the most innovative tech brands in the world.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager – Tools & Shared Services to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Global Networks, you will lead a cross skilled team to build and manage tools and other shared services to support the Global Networks Network Reliability Engineering (NRE) & Project teams. You will be responsible for infrastructure & virtualisation for network systems, network & customer experience monitoring & reporting, and network automation.
In this role, you will also be accountable for the design, build, and operation of our shared services, including technology roadmaps, lifecycle & capacity management, and support & operations.
What you'll do as an Engineering Manager – Tools & Shared Services:
- Responsible for the design, build& operation of tools & shared services to support Global Networks
- Partner with peer Engineering Managers to define the roadmap & requirements for Tools & Shared Services
- Capacity & lifecycle management
- Reporting on delivery, network quality & capacity, customer outcomes and other metrics
- Effective management of work backlogs
- Risk management
- Lead and mentor team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree qualified in a Computer Science, Communications, or Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in software, systems, or networks roles in a Telco/ISP/Large enterprise
- 5+ years’ experience in leading a technology team
- Strong experience with programming languages for network automation – esp Python
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines & test automation
- Strong Experience with automation tools – Ansible, Terraform, Puppet
- Strong System Administration skills – esp Linux (Windows would be a bonus)
- Experience with infrastructure virtualisation – esp KVM and OpenStack
- Experience with the Public Cloud – esp AWS
- Experience with log/metric collection & storage, and associated visualisation tools
- The Elastic (ELK) stack
- The InfluxDB ecosystem (TICK)
- Experience with voice & data networking will be highly regarded
- Experience with Machine Learning, especially for network visibility and failure prediction will be highly regarded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player – good interpersonal skills
- Ability to think outside of the box, and demonstrate strong innovation & problem-solving skills
- Customer focussed attitude
What's it like to work here?
We strive for a healthy, inclusive and flexible workplace. We nurture diversity, continuous learning in the latest technology and thinking. Innovative benefits include parental leave for mums and dads, remote working, and a comfortable, fun work environment with social events, prayer rooms, pool tables and fully stocked bar!
If this sounds like the next great step in your career, we'd love to hear from you.
MNF is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. You will need to have current work rights to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo relevant background checks. No recruiters please.
Life at MNF Group
MNF Group is committed to a strong culture that is diverse and inclusive and we encourage our employees to bring their whole self to work.
We ensure our employees have equal access to a range of learning and development opportunities, and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage to embrace these opportunities, enabling them to develop themselves and their career.
Our employees’ happiness, health and wellbeing is important at MNF. We provide all employees with flexible working options to ensure that work doesn’t compromise life outside MNF and also supports their wellbeing. We regularly enhance our employee benefits such as an employee share gift plan, paid birthday leave, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents as the primary carer, reward & recognition programs and social clubs.
At MNF Group, our diverse backgrounds and unique experiences allow us to continue to innovate and create the brands, networks and technologies to power the future of global communications.