Senior Software Engineer - Java - Sonar Projects
- 580 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
MNF Group is proudly Australian and one of Asia-Pacific's fastest growing technology companies. Twice winner of the Forbes Asia-Pacific "Best under a Billion" award, our people lead the world as innovators in the delivery of new-generation communications and software solutions. We have built our success by developing our people and setting them loose to develop leading edge products and platforms for our customers, who include some of the most innovative tech brands in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the team in Sydney. You will be designing, building and maintaining one of our core application suites. This is a full stack, hands-on role that will see you developing new features for our customers which meet the needs of our business. Your role will involve building with best practices and resiliency in mind, adhering to agile processes and dealing with business and technology stakeholders.
You will be responsible for solutioning, developing, deploying and supporting our Operational Support System platforms. Our customers rely on our products to connect, communicate and do business across Australia, NZ and Singapore.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Develop new products and features within the Java spring framework backed by MySQL/Postgres
- Development of our core, revenue generating systems
- Building out new functionality to help us scale our platforms globally
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Continually pushing for and implementing engineering best practices
- Work in an agile environment and helping improve these practices
- Mentor junior members of the team
What you'll need to succeed:
- Strong understanding of the Java runtime and development practices
- Solid understanding of design patterns and expert in secure and concurrent code
- Experience with CI/CD and automation pipelines
- Knowledge of containerisation technology (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Solid public cloud experience; bonus points for hands on experience with AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS)
- Interest in learning Golang and React JS a plus
- You are curious, tenacious, creative and a great team player
- You strive to automate manual processes to drive efficiency
What's it like to work here?
We strive for a healthy, inclusive and flexible workplace. We nurture diversity, continuous learning in the latest technology and thinking. Innovative benefits include parental leave for mums and dads, remote working, and a comfortable, fun work environment with social events, prayer rooms, pool tables and fully stocked bar!
If this sounds like the next great step in your career, we'd love to hear from you.
MNF is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. You will need to have current work rights to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo relevant background checks. No recruiters please.
Life at MNF Group
MNF Group is committed to a strong culture that is diverse and inclusive and we encourage our employees to bring their whole self to work.
We ensure our employees have equal access to a range of learning and development opportunities, and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage to embrace these opportunities, enabling them to develop themselves and their career.
Our employees’ happiness, health and wellbeing is important at MNF. We provide all employees with flexible working options to ensure that work doesn’t compromise life outside MNF and also supports their wellbeing. We regularly enhance our employee benefits such as an employee share gift plan, paid birthday leave, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents as the primary carer, reward & recognition programs and social clubs.
At MNF Group, our diverse backgrounds and unique experiences allow us to continue to innovate and create the brands, networks and technologies to power the future of global communications.