Director of People & Culture
- 7055 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95826, USA
CapRadio serves California’s Capital Region, Central Valley and Sierra Nevada as the public-supported alternative to for-profit media. As the NPR-member station based in Sacramento, CapRadio connects with communities through seven broadcast stations, live streaming, podcasts, digital communities, live experiences and more. Known for its award-winning newsroom, CapRadio is recognized as a leader in community-engaged journalism and state government reporting, and CapRadio Music is the exclusive broadcast source of classical and jazz in the region. With more than 500,000 weekly listeners on-air and online, CapRadio provides a trusted and indispensable source of information, music and events.
Are you a dynamic leader who can partner with the General Manager and other executive leadership to develop and implement human resources, administrative systems and structures to support of CapRadio’s mission and strategic vision?
Do you know how to foster a transformational talent strategy that transcends existing processes and systems while you engage diverse perspectives representative of our community?
If so, then you should apply to be CapRadio’s Director of Talent & Culture (DTC)!
In this new position, you’ll execute strategic plans that align with CapRadio’s mission, vision, and goals; address and balance increasingly complex and changing regulatory requirements and budgetary constraints; benefit a highly skilled workforce that reflects and supports the emotional, cultural, racial, and social values of the staff and communities served by the CapRadio.
The ideal candidate will feel a connection with CapRadio’s public service mission and will be experienced in and passionate about a range of HR and Admin functions including diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). If you have extensive experience in HR, administrative, or a talent management and this sounds like you, we want you to apply.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people.
• Plan, direct, organize, integrate, and evaluate the work of the Human Resources department, with overall responsibility for Administration, Operations, Benefits, Labor Relations, Classification, Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Management, Organizational and Staff Development, Employee Benefits, and Workforce Diversity and Development of CapRadio
• Champion CapRadio’s DEI initiatives particularly in the areas of Pay Equity, Hiring Practices, and Training
• Provide technical expertise and leadership regarding department activities and participate in the formulation of policies, procedures, and programs; advise on trends or challenges and recommend appropriate courses of action
• Serve as a strategic advisor, functional expert and thought partner to the GM and Executive leadership regarding key talent strategies and issues, including succession planning, leadership development, employee relations and retention, policies and procedures, systems, compensation, and benefits
• Align internal and external resources to execute the talent acquisition and retention strategies, ensuring CapRadio hires the best talent, deploys them equitably and inclusively, and retains them
• Strengthen the quality of internal and external staff pipelines and define pathways for advancement
• Oversee preparation and administration of the department budget.
• Deliver presentations to Executive leadership, Department Heads, Staff, the Board of Directors and other constituencies on human resource programs, activities and operations and make relevant recommendations
• Coach and encourage direct reports to grow professionally, fostering a strong department culture of collaboration
• Help build a culture that is inclusive, representative of the communities served, and reflective of CapRadio’s mission and values
• Ensure the continued development of a culture that embraces diversity at all levels, managing formal and informal programs to promote a thoughtful, nuanced approach to equity and inclusion across the organization
• Ensure the HR & Admin team provides strong day-to-day support for employees with inquiries regarding compensation, benefits, and other employment issues, with a focus on delivering helpful, courteous, and timely service addressing staff questions, concerns and needs
• 10 years progressively responsible experience in a HR, administrative, or talent management position
• Demonstrated success translating organizational strategy into talent priorities and measurable outcomes
• Ability to build consensus, resolve conflict and facilitate difficult conversations
• Passionate about building an inclusive and equitable culture and workforce
• Possess high emotional intelligence skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Passionate about public media, journalism and/or music
Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. Must be able to commute to our Sacramento, CA office once restrictions have been lifted
The annual salary range for this position is $120,000.00-$135,000.00 a year. CapRadio also offers:
• Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
• Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
• Paid holidays
• Flexible Vacation
• Retirement plan with employer matching
• Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care