Account Executive, Secondary Ticketing
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
The successful candidate for this role will excel in customer service while demonstrating an ambitious spirit to drive new business and product development. This Account Executive will be the face of MLSE License Hub and navigate both potential purchasers and sellers through the PSL transfer journey. In addition to managing these fans, the successful candidate will be able identify new business opportunities and areas for product growth.
- We are a ‘team first’ culture so your first responsibility is to be an incredible teammate. Each member of our ticketing team takes an equal share in developing and preserving a positive and collaborative group dynamic; this is the foundation of our success.
- Handle day-to-day customer interactions on the License Hub with exception customer service
- Become a subject matter expert to lead and assist internal collaborators
- Prospect new business by analyzing License Hub data, marketing campaigns and live hosting opportunities.
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, appointments and events
- Meet or exceed designated quarterly and annual ticket sales revenue objectives
- Perform promotional or Membership service functions as required
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- A self-starter with a professional demeanour and presence
- Alert and receptive to shifting demands within a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfortable and capable of delivering within a fast-paced environment, utilizing time management and organizational skills
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- A positive, team first approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client happiness
- Proven ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Skillful at listening, understanding and presenting effectively
- Willingness to be mentored with the bravery to do things differently and learn from the results
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business
- A ‘One-Team’ approach toward departmental and company-wide goals
- Demonstrated to perform well under tight timelines; prioritize simultaneously
- Any experience in developing sales and service relationships is preferred
- Confident user of Microsoft 360 - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- TicketMaster and/or ARCHTICS knowledge is an asset but not essential
- Salesforce knowledge would be an asset
Apply by: June 6, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.