Supervisor, Venue Presentation
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Reporting to the Manager of Guest Services, Venue Presentation, you will be jointly responsible for all venues' overall cleanliness, detail, servicing, resources, care and maintenance. This position's general focus and responsibility is to ensure standardized training and documented systems have been established, implemented and maintained. You will cultivate the positive growth of the department, its colleagues and leaders as measured by our guest experience (Elevate program), brand standards (internal and external audits) and colleague experience (Employee Engagement Survey).
- Establish goals, measurements and results for the department supervisors along with the housekeeping staff
- Develop and update job descriptions, job task checklists and standard operating procedures for all department supervisors and housekeeping staff
- Supervise equipment and supply usage and place orders based on departmental needs
- Meet with various vendors to discuss all matters relating to the housekeeping department
- Prioritize, implement and supervise all deep cleaning and job cycle projects for the facility
- Schedule, train, assign, review and evaluate the work of assigned staff
- Prepare and maintain required housekeeping records and reports
- Assign responsibility, take corrective action, demonstrate leadership, evaluate, mentor and motivate the housekeeping supervisory team and staff.
- Supervise with facts, focus on results, provide clear direction, and encourage innovations.
- Oversee equipment, tags and reports deficiencies.
- Complete building inspections to ensure tasks are completed, MLSE cleaning standards are met, and adherence to cleaning procedures.
- Monitor and revise departmental health and safety tools, including WHMIS training programs, as needed.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained and that all colleagues are committed to working safely.
- Ensure adherence to MLSE service standards and policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Available to work overnight / statutory holidays
- A university or college degree, preferably in hospitality management is an asset
- Housekeeping management experience with thorough knowledge of modern cleaning practices and equipment is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to supervise, lead and balance multiple priorities/tasks
- Clear verbal & written communication skills
- Must be able to lead team-building, morale and service culture within the department
- Arena/multi-purpose facility experience preferred
- Ability to work while under pressure; meet tight deadlines
- Previous experience in a unionized work environment is beneficial
- Must be highly organized, energetic and possess the ability to get the job done
Apply by: May 31, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.