Intermediate Product Designer (12-Month Contract)
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As an Intermediate Product Designer, you will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a phenomenal user experience. The Intermediate Product designer is guided by user-centric design and is someone who can produce logical flows from one step to the next for the best user experience. MLSE is looking for a designer who prioritizes ease-of-use, responsive, and instinctive layout in meeting the end user’s goals while optimizing how they interact with our products.
To thrive in this role, you must be a self-starter with some experience in the corporate and technology sectors. You love variety, work independently, strong interpersonal skills, and understand and appreciate the value of team.
- Work with Product Managers, business team members and fans to understand problems that need to be solved
- Facilitate research, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your design
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Intermediate work experience in design
- Strong portfolio, including depth of experience in web or mobile applications
- Strong data-driven approach in critical design decisions
- Great record of project success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodologies inclusive of agile methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams and communications with various collaborators (Technical and non-technical)
- Designed solutions for varied internal/and external team members of customers
- Strong and current awareness of external technology trends and best practices
- Bachelor of Design or equivalent experience in a design-related field
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Rapid prototyping for user feedback testing
- Ability to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps effectively
- Strong proficiency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Actively pitch and present designs to partners
- Excellent communicator with the ability to drive difficult conversations to resolution
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently towards goals in a diverse, matrixed environment with multiple and changing demands
- Passion for client satisfaction
Apply by: March 20, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.