Senior Financial Analyst, Cash and Capital
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
In the role of Senior Financial Analyst, Cash and Capital, you will be a part of MLSE’s multifaceted and engaging Finance team reporting to the FP&A Director. Here you will play a pivotal role in the Forecasting and Budgeting process, focusing on maintaining/revamping the Cash Flow Model for actuals and forecasting purposes. Additionally, you will build external relationships with the CapEx team by supporting their planning cycles, including consolidating and presenting capital submissions for approval.
- Support operating teams at Scotiabank Arena, Coca-Cola Coliseum and BMO Field
- Support Directors and ELT with business decisions
- Act as a liaison between operators and the greater Finance team
- Provide Cash Flow analysis and Capital Planning support for Plan, Forecast and Multi-year Strat Plan
- Provide regular analysis and reporting for Quarterly Board Reporting
- Input and review of planning data in Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS)
- Participate in ad hoc requests, special projects and exciting programs as they are presented
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting and/or FP&A experience is an asset
- A postgraduate degree or diploma in a Finance/Accounting - related subject area is an asset
- Working toward or have completed your CPA designation
- Proven skills in financial analysis and reporting
- Outstanding understanding of MS Office and MS Excel
- Previous experience with Oracle Cloud ERP an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to build effective working relationships with other departments and external partners
- Highly analytical and meticulous, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Thrives in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends when timelines are tight
Apply by: March 29, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.