At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of the Food & Beverage team, you will prepare Quick Service menu items and condiments, while ensuring championship service in a high-paced environment. You will efficiently maintain kitchen and concession areas, following the guidelines presented by the Toronto Public Health Board.
- Gather, wash, cut, season, cook, and store quality ingredients in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with the Toronto Public Health Board.
- Maintain complete personal hygiene at all times while on duty, such as washing hands at all necessary times, wearing a clean, pressed uniform, and restrained hair.
- Ensure storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using accurate rotation.
- Demonstrate the accurate use of all kitchen equipment, in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Maintain a high level of quality and consistency.
- Report all equipment problems and food product discrepancies to a Supervisor.
- Ability to train co-workers on product knowledge, specs and Teamwork.
- Ability to advise and delegate tasks to co-workers.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Supervisors.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- Knife handling skills an asset
- Food Handler Certification is recommended
- Knowledge and skill level to work in a variety of kitchen locations
- Willing to learn and apply Quick Service recipe specifications within a designated time frame
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team-focused environment
- A positive outlook!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.