HR Technology Specialist
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Working with the Director, HR Technology, the HR Technology Specialist maintains employee data and ensures it is efficiently and effectively flowing through the employee life cycle of hire to retire. This role must document business processes and assess the impact of regular changes within the system, using a variety of non-production tenants to test and refine the change before moving to production, including updating job aids, recording training sessions, and communication requirements. This role is responsible for the data maintenance and annual system configuration as part of the team that manages the many cloud-based HR System for MLSE, with a heavy emphasis on the core HCM System (Workday).
- Responsible for system & integration maintenance, testing & launching annual system-based HR cycles, and vendor-triggered software upgrades and quality-assurance implementations
- Provides and develop people-based data reports and dashboards, all while providing organizational-wide customer service and managing day to day end-user inquiries and functionality of the system
- HRIS technical administrator for all HR systems (cloud-based platforms, including Workday), managing and monitoring all changes within the system by the HR team, while applying HR process knowledge and technology best practices to support efficient system functionality.
- Identify and maintain data integrity by examining and correcting business process flows, updating organizational structure changes and auditing data quality and functionality. Contribute creative solutions to system troubleshooting while adhering to internal audit controls and standards that minimize risk.
- Workday module expert, security and integration functionality, with solid knowledge of implemented HR modules and capabilities; Core HCM, talent management, organizational and reporting structure, compensation and incentives, learning management & development, benefits, pension, etc., and knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and processes and work effectively with all types of highly confidential information.
- Manage master data loads that add or change mass employee data (EIBs) for various business processes including new and re-hires, and seasonal staff off-boarding requirements. Includes organizational structure management; create new departments, divisions, location codes and cost centres that align to workforce & payroll systems.
- Collaborate closely with Payroll department on the payroll integration file and act as the contact for data integrity or synchronization issues during payroll processes.
- Support annual system processes for P&C initiatives such as compliance learning, merit planning, bonus payout, goal setting and performance review as required.
- Action routine and ad hoc HR queries, reporting, dashboards and metrics.
- Action testing plans and test cases, while recording detailed results and expected configuration results, re-testing and recording testing progress. Support business testers as required as a Workday expert.
- Provide exceptional customer service, both internally and externally, to create a seamless end-user HR technology experience.
- Build and maintain relationships within HR, IT, Finance, business users and other internal partners to understand the business and create tailored HR technology solutions
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to identify, resource and action HRIS projects that align to the business needs while partnering with HR and other collaborators to improve and increase the use of technology.
- Investigate configuration on Workday User Community to stay up to date on current solutions, required system upgrades and training activities.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- University or college degree in a quantitative or HR focus (CHRP or related designation preferred) an asset.
- Proven multifaceted experience in HR with an HRIS specific focus.
- Experience with cloud based HCM/HR systems required (Workday experience preferred and Workday certifications a strong asset)
- Project management, at any scale or level, as asset. Able to work within a project plan.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills with ability to quickly create and modify reports and spreadsheets of data. Proficient with MS Office.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data from multiple systems, and with support, communicate the story behind the numbers for leadership and other partners.
- Detailed documentation and record keeping abilities.
- High-level of curiosity, critical thinking, creative problem solver with strong troubleshooting and investigation skills that resolves issues and drives efficiency to improve business processes.
- Strong communication skills, presentation, written and communicate complex technology solutions in laments terms to effectively articulate enhanced future state, and create strong internal and external partnerships.
- Strong collaboration skills, able to flex and work closely within an internal team; HR, Payroll, Finance, and work closely with the IT department and across the business.
- Accountable and pride for high-quality and accurate results.
- A positive approach, incorporating a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling critical data.
Apply by: March 21, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.