Financial Analyst (MarCom Digital)
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
In the role of Financial Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in planning and forecasting of the department by supporting monthly financial analysis, periodic forecasting, annual planning and ad-hoc analyses. You will be supporting the FP&A Manager in building external relationships to support Operating Managers, MLSE's Chief Marketing and Technology Officer with departmental reporting and analysis.
- Support Directors and Managers with business decisions
- Act as a liaison between operators and the greater Finance team
- Provide regular financial analysis and reporting along with special ad hoc requests
- Support full-year budgeting and forecasting, Strat Plan, and EPBCS input
- Participate in special projects and other fun and exciting programs as they are presented
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Proven relevant accounting experience
- Postgraduate degree or diploma preferably in a Finance-related subject area an asset
- Working toward or have completed your CPA designation
- Validated skills in financial analysis and reporting
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Applied knowledge of Oracle major accounting and reporting software or tried ability to learn new software and system
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to grasp and assess details while maintaining big-picture thinking
- Outstanding people, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends when timelines are tight
Apply by: March 21, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.