System Admin Intern
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a Systems Administrator Intern, you will apply principle academic skills to a fast paced, technology driven environment. Working closely with System Administrators, you will help support Venue Technology core systems, both physical and virtual. You will assist in preparation and execution of technology for event day operations. This includes data enhanced digital signage, graphical display of live data, and IPTV network distribution workflows. Your tech-minded thinking and knowledge of evolving technologies will contribute to successful execution of day-to-day tasks all the way to premier events.
- Experience with Office 365 suite, with a focus on Outlook communication and Excel formulas
- Proficient with PC and basic administration capabilities of Windows OS
- Knowledge of computer network topologies, TCP/IP addressing, subnets, and cyber security
- Knowledge of media file formats including jpg, png, and mp4
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends)
MLSE's Internship term dates are from May 8th, 2023 - September 1st, 2023
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree or equivalent education computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Awareness of Digital Signage Systems
- Knowledge of Windows Server OS administration
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 creation
- Knowledge of content and media specifications including codecs, containers, resolutions and frame rates
- Basic experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, relying on sound technical principles when reacting
- Providing professional communication to end users
- Ability to react calm and collectively in time sensitive situations
- Ability to interpret a broad scope of technical workflows as requested
Apply by: February 13, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.