Corporate Communications Intern
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As part of the MLSE Corporate Communications Team, your primary responsibility will be to support the group’s vast public relations and influencer strategy portfolio.
You will assist with public relations and influencer relations for all Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment’s brands (Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC, Toronto Argonauts, MLSE Live, MLSE Foundation, and MLSE LaunchPad) and work internally with all departments on various events and campaigns.
MLSE’s Internship term dates are from May 8th, 2023 – September 1st, 2023.
- Complete daily media monitoring for the Communications team
- Provide support at PR events and press conferences for all MLSE brands
- Work on communications initiatives for Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, Toronto Argonauts, Marlies & Raptors 905
- Research and build media and influencer / content creator lists for partnership opportunities
- Draft media pitches and influencer / content creator pitches for PR campaigns
- Develop and maintain influencer content trackers
- Compile coverage reports and ongoing results reports for media and influencer initiatives
- Provide event and PR support at community events for each MLSE team
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a University or College degree, diploma or certificate in a communications, media, journalism, public relations, or related field
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary co-op or internship program
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficient at learning new software and technology
- Understanding of and familiar with social media
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Sound understanding of the sports industry and the Canadian sports landscape is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading abilities
- Solid time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to always exercise diplomacy and tact
- Available to work evenings, including weekends and holidays
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Apply by: February 7, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.