Global Partnerships Business Insights and Planning Intern
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As part of the MLSE Global Partnerships business planing team, your primary responsibility will be to create unique and customized offerings for each of our partners. Your goal is to maximize every opportunity and ensure that we have an equal focus on today and the future. You are an analytical, energetic and organized thought leader driven to continue to learn more about our business and finding ways to improve opportunity and efficiency.
MLSE’s Internship term dates are from May 8th, 2023 - September 1st, 2023
- Business planning and strategic analysis of the MLSE Global Partnerships portfolio
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of our business and the competitive environment to continually deliver against growth projections and the respective objectives of MLSE’s various business units outside of Global Partnership business unit
- Contribute to the development and execution of departmental business planning, leaning on current and historical trends to forecast financial results for future years
- Play a supportive role in project managing integration new league-led inventory into MLSE, supporting to unlock revenue potential in such new opportunities
- Support department reporting needs to a variety of stakeholders (across the department, other MLSE business units, executive leadership team and MLSE Board of Directors)
- Analyze current departmental processes in place and provide constructive feedback to optimize and improve all aspects
- Support potential implement new tools to enhance agility within the department (i.e. Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, LinkedIn)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout MLSE for all stages of the business life cycle – planning, execution, analysis, learning/evolving for the future – ensuring we continue to be positioned for growth year over year
- Working with our leagues (NHL, NBA, MLS, CFL) on league-wide revenue reporting and a variety of information sharing exercises throughout the seasons
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with a focus on a sports, public relations or communications related field
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Be a self-starter
- Able to always exercise diplomacy and tact
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm with some flexibility based on need
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Apply by: February 7, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.