Venue Operations Intern
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As part of the MLSE venue operations team, you will lend day to day support to the Building Operations team through administrative duty support, including written correspondence, verbal communications, reception, and filing. You will also support purchase order data entry, invoice management, general bookkeeping, system administration and database maintenance support. This includes working closely with our internal department to ensure the outstanding operations of department activities.
MLSE’s Internship term dates are from May 8th, 2023 - September 1st, 2023
- Support the Operations Leadership team with a range of tasks, including administrative and physical support to our venues
- Support the Operations Administration team with purchasing and minor accounting functions
- Update and maintain our internal event calendar for all MLSE owned and operated venues
- Utilize and support software system input and organization for Computer Maintenance Management system (CMMS), Incident Management System (IMS), Asset management Systems (AMS), Venue Access (VA), Contractor Check (CC), Health and Safety Systems (H+SS) etc.
- Provide administrative assistance for a variety of tasks, such as handling office mail, coordinating couriers, processing of web and document materials, along with presentation and meeting support
- Assist in special projects and perform other related duties as requested
- Responding to and coordinating Fan Services email response and reconciliation tracking
- Support Project Development with small scale capital project oversight, including schedule & budget management
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a university or college degree / diploma in a related field
- Ability to conduct business and communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to perform well under pressure, multi-task, and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Previous experience in facility/venue operations considered an asset
- This role may work out of various locations (facilities) and areas (hoteling)
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Apply by: February 7, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.