IT Generalist (Digital Labs) Intern
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As part of the MLSE digital labs team, you will have the unique opportunity to work with a leading Sports & Entertainment company in providing IT support, assist with operational programs / initiatives, administer support to end users and answer inbound incidents and requests. You will also be responsible for various activities to improve the day-to-day processes of the IT Service & Delivery team, including developing appropriate documentations, monitoring events, and other needs of the management team as requested.
MLSE's Internship term dates are from May 8th, 2023 - September 1st, 2023
- Work with Technology Service & Delivery, Operations, Event Support, Cyber Security, and various other technical and business teams to provide IT support services
- Assist in writing and improving procedures and technical standards to meet corporate policies and industry best practices
- Support inbound requests from multiple sources (Phone, Email, Chat and ITSM)
- Assist with Asset management
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree or equivalent education in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Experience working with ITSM software and growing technologies
- Hands-on experience with various operating systems (e.g., Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.), networking (IP infrastructure), and protocols (IP, DNS, HTTPS, TLS, etc.).
- A strong desire to learn about IT support & Operations
- High attention to detail
- Results driven
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Apply by: February 7, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.