Supervisor, Engineering – MLSE Facilities
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Do you want to join a multifaceted, engaging team and be a large part of events such as concerts, Argos, Leafs, Marlies, Raptors and Toronto FC games? As a valuable member of the Building Operations team, the Supervisor, Engineering will assist in supervising all aspects of our building operations department. They will work closely with internal departments ensuring consistency within the facility while improving team experience and maintaining relationships to deliver a premium experience at BMO Field home of the Toronto FC and the Toronto Argonauts, Coca-Cola Coliseum home of the Toronto Marlies, Scotiabank Arena home of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors, restaurants and each team’s respective training facilities.
- Coordinate and schedule Carpentry, Drywall, Painting, Safety, Security, Vertical transportation systems and various other functions for Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, OVO training Centre, BMO Training Ground or a combination of the above.
- Supervise and schedule all mechanical systems including maintenance
- Maintain all aesthetics and surfaces within the facilities
- Oversee Fire Life safety operation and maintenance
- Supervise and direct facility staff members and contract staff
- Lead by example and provide ongoing coaching/training/motivation to staff members
- Maintain ongoing communication and rapport with third party contractors
- Advocate safe work practices and customer service as key priorities among employees and trades
- Keep and maintain all appropriate logs and documentation
- Liaise with suppliers on an as needed basis
- Facilitate event execution through detailed and accurate communication & supervision
- Prepare, distribute and track event cost estimates & expense summaries
- Generate, place and confirm rental supply, internal and external work orders are complete and signed off
- Resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow-up with Manager
- Ensure all tasks are completed, meeting high standards and within strict time frames
- Lead by example in team management and development, applying a “one team” approach
- Ensure departmental integrity and winning vision are intact
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Preferably possess Building Automation and HVAC training and have experience with mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working within a unionized work environments is essential
- Conversion experience or familiarity with multi-purpose facilities is an asset
- Positive team spirit and professional attitude
- Ability to see the big picture and strategize accordingly
- First Aid, CPR, Defibrillation, WHMIS and Pool Certificate an asset
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Experience working with budgets and/or budgeting
- Both a team builder and teammate who can relate professionally to all levels
- Ability to enhance and lead a positive, innovative and encouraging work environment
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction
- Available to work evenings / overnights and weekends as required
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
Apply by: Feb 5th 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.