Assistant Manager, Engineering & Ops (Food & Beverage)
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As Assistant Manager, Engineering & Ops (F&B) you will be responsible for the back of house mechanical and engineering operations of MLSE restaurants and concessions ensuring the on-site kitchen equipment at MLSE is kept in good working condition. You are a skilled maintenance professional, who is a pro at handling fast-paced environments and thrives with the challenges that come with real time problem solving in a lively environment. Your goal will be to keep the restaurants running efficiently and effectively, while overseeing all preventative maintenance and real-time operations response. You will support the successful operations of 9 MLSE owned/operated venues supporting over 200 major sporting, music/entertainment events a year.
- Act as first line of defence in equipment failure resolution, working with subcontractors and vendors in real time as the need arises to carry out the various responsibilities of such 3rd party services.
- Assess & repairs and maintenance duties on a wide variety of kitchen and refrigeration equipment such as walk-in freezers, industrial-sized steam cookers, refrigerators, ice machines, washers, ovens, dryers, cooktops, dishwashers, and water fountains repairing leaks, maintaining settings on wiring controls, and replacing malfunctioning or old parts.
- Assist in major repairs and upgrades and participate in large-scale maintenance duties as part of the engineering team.
- Document procedures, processes, and standard methodologies in on-plan sets and end-user manuals or modify what has previously been documented
- Handle work requests and preventative maintenance requirements through an on-line work order system (CMMS) including, responding to all service calls, and verifying completion.
- Perform preventative maintenance as well as scheduled predictive maintenance checks following manufacturers’ recommendation and/or as assigned, along with appropriate health & safety and regulatory maintenance
- Provide on-site support during special events as well as responding to emergency calls on equipment repair issues to diagnose, repair or recommend further resources
- Assist the Manager & Director of Engineering with creation and implementation of an effective program for all restaurant/concession components and systems at each MLSE venue
- Perform light plumbing repairs including connect/disconnect and drain snaking when required.
- Other duties assigned to assist in the management associated with the facilities.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2-year Technical accreditation preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in property and/or facilities maintenance
- Experience working in a fast-paced kitchen while maintaining & repairing equipment preferred.
- Refrigerant Handling License preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Strong ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams and to follow installation/operations manuals
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
- Compliance with provincial regulations including health and safety, food handling requirements and regulations, scheduled inspections and regular maintenance of equipment is undertaken.
Apply by: Feb 5th, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.