At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of the Guest Services-Housekeeping team, you are responsible for the delivery of championship service. Under the direction of the Supervisor, you help to ensure that Scotiabank Arena's high level of cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Perform a variety of housekeeping tasks along with special projects and heavy-duty cleaning to ensure the cleanliness of the Scotiabank Arena
- Work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment responding to calls for spills, maintaining washrooms, emptying garbage’s etc. during the events
- Efficiently clean washrooms, suites, offices and public areas meeting MLSE standards
- Cleaning that will involve exposure to cleaning chemical solutions, hazardous materials and bodily fluids
- Communicates positively and professionally with our fans, internal teams and co-workers
- Work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast-paced, noisy and crowded environment
- Report building and equipment maintenance issues to supervisor
- Work inside or outside the exterior of Scotiabank Arena
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies including Health & Safety
- Perform all other duties as the need arises
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Must be available to overnights, weekend, weekdays and holiday shifts as required
- Proven housekeeping/cleaning experience in commercial environment (hotels, schools, hospitals, etc.) preferred
- Ability to perform repetitive activities such as lifting (up to 50lbs), reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, walking, answering radio calls
- Follow oral and written instructions, and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Previous experience with floor care machines and general cleaning equipment an asset
- Ability to work independently or within a group without direct supervision
- Excellent attendance, attention to detail, punctuality and work record required
- Willingness to be an integral part of an organization possessing a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs from floor to waist, stand for up to 8 hours and climb stairs as required
- Full time hours are available during the guarantee period as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Outside of the Guarantee Period, hours and assignments may vary
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.