Account Executive, Sales - BMO Field Events
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
We are a ‘team first’ culture so your first responsibility is to be an incredible teammate. Each member of our sales team takes an equal share in developing and preserving a positive and collaborative group dynamic; this is the foundation of our success.
- Prospect new business through social selling, network-mining, phone calls & live hosting opportunities.
- Contribute to a collaborative sales team that drives results across all properties, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Raptors, TFC, Argonauts, Marlies, Raptors 905, Global Partnerships, Music & LIVE Events
- Develop and execute group ticket sales events and promotions
- You will need to be prepared to shift focus as the demands of the business evolve. This could include helping with “Big Events” like MLS Cup and Grey Cup celebrations
- Prepare and implement presentations to prospective clients.
- Develop strong corporate relationships to support corporate ticket sales programs.
- Manage the ticket system including accurate ticket administration and balancing of the financial process.
- Successful sales results require winning behaviors. You will be required to master our CRM system as a tool to help guide your daily behaviors and measure the progression of your sales funnel.
- Fulfill match day responsibilities including but not limited to greeting clients, helping with lead prospecting initiatives and managing on field group activities (pre and post game)
- Identify group sales prospects by executing call campaigns, cold-calling, emailing and face to face appointments
- Meet or exceed BMO Event Sales revenue objectives.
- Research, create and implement group sales programs with nonprofits, youth soccer leagues and businesses around the Greater Toronto Area
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- A self-starter with a professional demeanor and presence
- Alert and receptive to shifting demands within a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfortable and capable of delivering within a fast-paced environment, using time management and organizational skills
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- A positive, team first approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client happiness
- Proven track record of building and developing professional relationships
- Skillful at listening, understanding and communicating in detail
- Willingness to mentor and be coached with the bravery to take risks and learn from the results
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business
- A ‘One-Team’ approach toward departmental and company-wide goals
- Proven to perform well under tight timelines; prioritize simultaneously
- 1-2 years of experience in developing sales and service relationships is ideal
- Confident user of Microsoft 360 - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- TicketMaster and/or ARCHTICS knowledge is an asset but not essential
- Salesforce knowledge would be an asset Additional Information
Apply by: November 30, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.