Manager, Security Infrastructure and Capital Projects
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a vital member of our Safety and Security team, you will assist be a key contributor in working towards our vision of providing a high standard of security while providing an outstanding customer experience. In this role, you will be accountable for all aspects of security infrastructure and capital projects at all MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment) venues and facilities in support of the security operations team. This role is strategic in focus with an emphasis on organizational skills and attention to detail in delivering effective security strategies on budget and on time.
This role will report to the Director, Security Programs for delivery while working closely with the Security Operations and Safety team for program and operational support.
- Oversee all aspects of security infrastructure at all MLSE owned or operated facilities including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, OVO Athletic Centre, BMO Training Ground, Ford Performance Centre, MLSE Launch Pad, E11even, Real Sport, and Lamport Field.
- Oversee the design and standards for security infrastructure including CCTV (Closed Circuit Television), access control, doors/locks, fences, and other infrastructure and supplies that are part of the security program.
- Maintain all security infrastructure including developing and overseeing an effective quality control and quality assurance program to ensure systems are functioning as designed.
- Continue to look for efficiencies and modernization of systems and programs including security infrastructure and design.
- Develop security plans, procedures and post orders related to the operation of the systems at the facilities.
- Develop long-term strategy documents/proposals for improving security infrastructure including new/innovative solutions.
- Build business cases to support security infrastructure strategy.
- Oversee the design and operational standards for venue control centres.
- Manage invoicing, contracts, procurement of large items, tools, and equipment.
- Design, build, and maintain the MLSE access control and credentialing program, the access control programs, keying, and visitor management programs.
- Maintain the organization’s security licenses and is primary liaison with the Ministry of the Solicitor General’s Office.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with appropriate team personnel, facility personnel, contractors, local law enforcement, other MLSE employees.
- Assist in the development of guard procedures and training programs on security systems.
- Provide mentorship and input on facility security requirements and operations to MLSE Corporate Safety & Security.
- Provide access control to team spaces and practice areas at the team’s facilities.
- Verify facility access approval and identification credentials.
- Responsible for developing and meeting budget targets.
- Report security incidents, issues, and concerns to MLSE Security and Safety Programs.
- Performs other security related duties as directed.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of recent, related experience in a large venue or facility operational role.
- Transformative leader able to drive results through influence.
- Proven results in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Experience working with automated access control, x-ray, metal detection and CCTV systems.
- Knowledge of Software House C-Cure 9000, Genetec, Avigilon or Indigo-Vision systems preferred.
- Knowledge of system integration and remote access design and operation.
- Project management experience with large capital projects desired.
- Experience with system integrators and maintaining large security systems.
- Experience with owning and managing a lock/key program.
- Experience with training others is considered an asset.
- Experience creating user materials; presentations, quick reference guides, manuals.
- Collaborative and articulate team player
- Focused and detail oriented.
- A positive, friendly, and collaborative approach incorporating the desire to support others in success.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, multi-task, and meet multiple deadlines at once.
- While predominately administrative in nature, able to work evenings, weekends, holiday and on call as the need arises.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent problem solving, conflict management and critical thinking skills.
Apply by: December 1, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.