Manager, Venue Presentation (Housekeeping)
- 40 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 2X2, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Reporting to the Director, Guest Services and Venue Presentation, the Manager – Venue Presentation, is responsible for delivering best-in-class housekeeping service which includes the overall cleanliness, detail, servicing, resources, care and maintenance of all MLSE venues including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, OVO Athletic Centre, BMO Training Ground, Ford Performance Centre, RS, and e11even.
- Inspire, mentor and develop staff to deliver extraordinary service in all aspects of the operation that delight and exceed expectations of our guests, clients and partners.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and hold team capable. Handle employee inquiries, resolves issues, and address employee relations issues. Train staff on standard operating procedures and ensure compliance.
- Manage day-to-day operations of multi-functional staff to ensure proper facility standards, event, housekeeping, and maintenance needs are met. Monitor workflow activity and projections to ensure proper resource allocation needs are fulfilled and timelines are met.
- Prioritize time between direct reports, venue walks, third party relationships and unionized workforce.
- Proactively schedule project cleaning throughout venues during non-event days – working with multiple teams across Venues and Operations to complete as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations, including those of the NHL, NBA, MLS, & CFL, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in MLSE’s health and safety program
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work process, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a safe work environment; ensuring staff is well informed and adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute building inspection plan. Establish goals, measurements and results for the department. Maintain the housekeeping budget and work within pre-determined labour costs.
- Create meaningful relationships with third party vendors and provide feedback on services rendered throughout each venue.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies through innovative cleaning techniques
- Handle inventory of assets and supplies; Develop internal controls to ensure adequate coverage within budgetary constraints
- Assist in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures
- Responsible for preparing incident and damage reports
- Manage third party vendors to ensure service level agreements are being met and goals achieved.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Must be available to work overnights, weekend, weekdays, and holiday shifts as the need arises
- 5 years’ experience in a facility operations leadership role. Working knowledge of public/venue operating procedures, building systems and code compliance.
- 4 years of high-volume management experience, coordinating, prioritizing and assigning projects.
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Experience working with skilled trades, unions and the like is an asset
- Working knowledge of safety requirements, public facility/venue standards, building systems and infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, colleagues, promotors, suppliers, guests and visitors. Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient using and maintaining Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- This position may require work inside or outside the exterior of various MLSE venues, constant standing and walking throughout shift, frequent lifting and carrying up to 50lbs, frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Apply by: November 30, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.