Manager, Development & Events (MLSE Foundation)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development, you will be an integral part of the MLSE Foundation management team leading a team of 3 Full-Time staff. The Manager, Development & Events is responsible for event management, revenue generation, team leadership, resource management, and engaging supporters, key stakeholders and community members in fundraising activities that support our work.
What you’ll be doing:
Fundraising and Relationships:
- Achieve annual revenue targets for each event by maximizing event participation, gift-in-kind donations, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Be the primary point of contact for sponsorship and ticket sales for the Signature Events including providing weekly activity reports, leading regular meetings to support sales and supporting ticket allocation.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Partnerships team to solicit, manage and activate sponsorships, ensuring that all sponsorship deliverables are completed, sponsorship revenue targets are achieved, and sponsor recognition and cultivation initiatives are completed to best in class standards with the goal to renew and grow sponsor engagement with multi-year commitments.
Planning and Logistics:
- Collaborate with Director, Fund Development & Events on the overall strategy and planning for the events including event sponsorship and guest experience.
- Manage all event logistics, including but not limited to: working with EXT MLSE’s in House event agency, vendors and partners, managing all applications, legal contracts, license requirements and event details.
- Manage and complete multiple project plans and events concurrently, with the support of Coordinator and Event Officer.
- Maintain financial tracking for each event and operate within the allocated budget, communicating variances, adjusting strategies, budgets and priorities as required in collaboration with Director, Fund Development & Events
- Manage and comply with event safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Compile post-event reports and recommend directional changes to optimize net revenue and guest experience.
- Analyze all data associated with each event for reporting and marketing purposes. In collaboration with Director, Development & Events prepare event analysis and reporting for board, executive team, and other stakeholders.
Marketing and Communications:
- Manage creative asset creation process and print production to ensure all timelines are met.
- In collaboration with communications, draft speaking notes for executive speakers, and key messages for Chair of the Board, executives and program representatives and others, as needed.
- Prepare the communication plans for each event in consultation with communications team members.
- Maintain Salesforce database on gift solicitations, guest attendees and fulfillment of prizes and recognition, ensuring accurate, efficient data entry of donor/ guest information, proposals, and actions.
- In collaboration with Finance and Corporate Partnerships, prepare invoices, track payments and payment follow up with all event sponsors.
- In collaboration with Finance, manage supplier contracts, invoices, and payments.
- Manage all event planning meetings, agenda preparation and minutes.
You’re a great fit for this job if:
- You have experience working in fundraising and events, specifically in leading a team through these activities.
- You have experience managing event and/or program budgets, including forecasting, tracking and reporting.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can confidently manage multiple priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- You have strong critical thinking skills and can use them to work strategically. You are great at identifying efficiencies and creating processes that enable us to work smarter.
- You interact with diverse communities and a wide roster of supporters and donors with high energy and professionalism.
- You are versatile and are willing to work with changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Ability to work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Extra things that can support your application:
- Knowledge of Canadian Charity laws, ethics and CRA regulations.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce and other donor database systems.
- Post-Secondary education in events, fundraising and/or sports management.
Apply by: November 29, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.