Lead Cook, RS
- 15 York St, Toronto, ON M5J 0A3, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of the RS team, you will deliver winning service in a high-paced, high-volume environment. You will work alongside and support the 2nd and 3rd Cooks, and Dishwashers. As directed by the Chef, you will ensure proper preparation and cooking techniques/processes are implemented.
- Gather, wash, cut, season, cook, and store quality ingredients in an efficient and effective manner as assigned by the Chef.
- Provide hands-on support, training and direction to Apprentice Cook and Kitchen Worker while on station to ensure final product, including meat, fish and sauce is presented/plated according to specifications laid out by the Chef.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with food safety and health and safety standards.
- Ensure proper storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using proper rotation.
- Report all equipment problems/maintenance concerns and food product discrepancies to the Chef.
- Prioritize and organize tasks for speed and quality assurance.
- Handle/clean kitchen equipment carefully and safely to prevent damage or injury; return equipment to its designated area.
- Contribute positively to a team focused environment and maintain a proactive and positive relationship with FOH to ensure guest satisfaction is optimal.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies.
- 2+ years of proven experience
- Red Seal Certification an asset
- Punctual, conscientious and flexible to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to work well under pressure and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A winning attitude!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.