Talent Acquisition Lead
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As an organization committed to breaking down barriers and strengthening a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, MLSE is currently seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Lead to join the organization during an exciting time of transformation. The ideal candidate has proven leadership capabilities in developing and implementing innovative and inclusive sourcing strategies and effective recruitment marketing campaigns that will incorporate MLSE’s value proposition and dedication to full inclusion.
This role requires a change agent and influencer, with the ability to work cross-functionally in identifying, prioritizing and implementing programs that foster inclusive practices that align with the organizations’ directive, values and overall business plan. The ideal candidate possesses strong networking, leadership, negotiation and critical thinking skills, and works well in a fast-paced environment and navigate a complex, multifaceted organization.
- Lead the end-to-end design, development and implementation of an inclusive talent acquisition strategy that incorporates segmented approaches to attracting and hiring underrepresented populations in our community, including Black, Indigenous and other persons of colour, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ , women and newcomers to Canada and the intersectionality of any of these groups.
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to business groups and functional partners across MLSE on standard processes with talent acquisition.
- Act as a key enabler and champion of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develop strong sourcing networks, social media presence and centers of influence regionally, nationally and globally.
- Challenge the status quo and provide an informed point of view to guide and advise on equity, diversity, and inclusion in sourcing programs, policies and practices..
- Establish routine reporting on hiring that includes specific information on EDI outcomes to identify the efficacy of the programs and initiatives and develop areas for increased focus and improvement.
- Build and maintain strategic external relationships in order to stay informed of industry trends impacting priority talent channels.
- Hold hiring managers and leadership accountable to the strategy and drive consistency and strong governance, actively challenging and ensuring meaningful progress and reporting.
- Partner with the Leagues and internal partners to develop resources and tools for hiring managers to optimize the candidate experience.
- Lead recruitment for Director and above hiring needs across the organization as needed.
- Coach and mentor the Talent Acquisition team, continuing to evolve the department to respond to changing market needs.
- Deep understanding and demonstrable experience in crafting and leading an inclusive sourcing practice.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to operationalize concepts and transform ideas into action.
- Strong capabilities in defining project scopes, writing proposals, leading budgets and work-back plans.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication capabilities in articulating clear messages and tackling complex issues tactfully.
- Experience speaking at conferences and/or workshops about related field.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities.
- Ability to self-manage; self-motivate and influence & develop teams across reporting lines.
- Champion MLSE's Common Purpose and work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Apply by: November 25, 2022
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.