- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
MLSE owns and operates multiple restaurants and Arenas in and around the Toronto Area including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, e11even, Real Sports, Hot Stove Club, Platinum Club and Scotia Club.
As a valuable member of the Culinary Team, you will deliver winning service in a high-paced, high-volume environment. As directed by the Chef, you will ensure accurate preparation and cooking techniques/processes are implemented.
- Order, maintain, transfer and ensure quality inventory of protein, produce, dry goods and cleaning supplies.
- Provide hands-on support, training and direction to Cooks while on station to ensure final product, including meat, fish and sauce is presented/plated according to specifications laid out by the manager.
- Taste test food for quality assurance under day duty responsibility.
- Primary for closing the kitchen, ensuring accurate closing procedures are followed.
- Report all equipment problems/maintenance concerns and food product discrepancies to the Manager.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with food safety and health and safety standards.
- Ensure proper storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using accurate rotation.
- Prioritize and organize tasks for speed and quality assurance.
- Contribute positively to a team-focused environment and maintain a proactive and positive relationship with FOH to ensure guest satisfaction is optimal.
- Follow all MLSE Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Minimum 3 years of culinary experience in a high volume kitchen
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- POS and inventory system experience and asset
- Ability to work well under pressure and take initiative in a fast-paced multifaceted environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A winning attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.