Conversions - Overnight (Part-Time)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of Conversions at MLSE, you will be responsible for delivering championship service throughout the organization. Under the direction of the Conversions Supervisor(s), you will be expected to perform routine duties and complete tasks associated with the day-to-day activities of the conversion department within Building Operations, and the company as a whole.
Team members will perform manual labor tasks pertaining to event set-up and tear down in compliance with standard operating procedures and with an emphasis on safe equipment handling guidelines. Other functions and duties will be required by Supervisors and Managers as the general labour force of a unionized environment. Please note, with most conversions happening on overnight shifts and many events taking place on weekends and holidays, candidates with this availability will be preferred.
Check out this link for a video of the amazing work that our Conversions team does to transform the arena.
- Convert the arena to hockey, basketball, concert, or any other event both within the field of play and throughout the venue
- Learning and understanding detail-oriented manual labour procedures in a fast-paced work environment
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility equipment, seating and infrastructure
- Notifying Lead Hands of facility equipment, seating and infrastructure in need of repair and/or replacement and when supplies are required
- Lifting, moving, installing and removing panels of hard wood flooring, acrylic glass, ice decking, and other heavy items in both small groups and/or with the assistance of forklifts.
- Cleaning and organizing to keep work areas and equipment functional.
- Complete daily assignments as assigned.
- Ability to work overnight/holidays/weekends shifts is required, though we do respect a work-life balance.
- Forklift and/or heavy equipment operating experience considered an asset, though not necessarily required
- Previous ice resurfacing experience welcomed, though the position will begin performing overnight conversions
- Previous general labour/construction experience
- Experience pertaining to event set ups, tear downs and overall operation
- Ability to operate power and hand tools
- Willingness to perform tasks both individually and in small groups.
- Able to perform repeated heavy carrying, lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Interact positively and professionally with colleagues and fans
- Must be able to work well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- Positive team spirit and professional attitude
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.