Game Presentation Intern
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of the Game Presentation team, you will assist with a variety of game entertainment elements for the Toronto Raptors, Raptors 905, Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Marlies.
- Assist the teams with the coordination and execution of select events and games, as assigned
- Assist Game Presentation (PT staff, Specialists, Coordinators) with preparations and execution for games/events across the four teams (Raptors, 905, Leafs, Marlies)
- Ideate, build and complete different features that can be used in our game entertainment
- Learn and develop skills related to show production (ex. Floor Directing, producing game day features)
- Assist with inventory control of promotional items for the teams, in addition to maintenance of equipment, props, uniforms and other items essential to Game Presentation
- Perform other administrative or service functions as the need arises
MLSE’s Internship term dates are from January 9th, 2023 - April 28th, 2023
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Available for a variety of Toronto Maple Leafs and Marlies home games and events, including weekends and holidays (as assigned).
- Currently enrolled in a University or College degree, diploma or certificate in a sports, marketing, public relations or communications related field.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to exercise diplomacy and tact at all times.
- Proficient in MS Office and XP.
- Ability to multitask, meet multiple deadlines and time management.
- Must be willing to take on extra initiative.
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Apply by: October 16, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.