Sales Associate (Inside Sales) – Sales Development Academy
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
MLSE is currently looking to fill our Sales Development Academy with ambitious, hard-working, and coachable individuals who have a passion to grow a career in sports. This is a 12-month, entry-level sales program that is built on a strong foundation of learning the fundamentals through outbound activity, ongoing training and development. Graduates from this program are well positioned for advancement as we are committed to developing future leaders within the organization. In this role you will be required to work Tuesday – Friday, 9AM to 5PM, and must be available to work evenings & weekends as required.
As part of the Ticket Sales Team, your focus will be primarily selling season ticket packages, partial packs, and group tickets to support our teams at Scotiabank Arena (Maple Leafs & Raptors), BMO Field (Toronto FC & Argos), Coca-Cola Coliseum (Marlies) and Paramount Fine Foods Centre (Raptors 905). To be successful in this role, you must be a proactive, goal-oriented individual who thrives in a high-paced business environment and shares our common purpose to unite and empower employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other.
- We are a ‘team first’ culture so your responsibility is to be an incredible teammate. Each member of our sales team takes an equal share in developing and preserving a positive and collaborative group dynamic; this is the foundation of our success.
- Contribute to a collaborative sales culture that gets results across all MLSE teams
- Sell a full menu of ticket products, including but not limited to full season, flex/partial season, group hospitality & premium ticket packages.
- Prospect new business through cold calling, social selling & live hosting opportunities, with a focus on B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer) sales.
- Identify prospects for new sales opportunities through centers of influence, referrals and appointments.
- Contact past purchasers to actively build relationships and generate new opportunities.
- Provide extraordinary customer service by ensuring timely and detailed responses for all inbound and outbound communication.
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, appointments and events.
- Adapt and be prepared to shift quarterly focus as the demands of the business evolve.
- Prepare and execute presentations to prospective clients.
- Effectively manage order processing through the ticket booking system by adhering to accurate administration processes.
- Successful sales results require winning behaviors. You will be required to master our CRM system as a tool to help guide your daily behaviors and measure the progression of your sales funnel.
- Meet or exceed designated quarterly and annual ticket sales revenue objectives.
- Perform promotional or Membership service functions as required.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic; able to convey this through conversation over the phone, virtually, and in person with clients and prospects
- Can perform well under tight timelines; prioritize simultaneously, while working independently & being self-resourceful
- Diligent with daily/weekly planning and organization
- Adaptive and flexible to quarterly changes in focus and shifting demands of the business within a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to be mentored and open with a growth mindset
- A self-starter with a professional demeanour and presence
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, team first approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Proven ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Skillful at listening, understanding and presenting effectively
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business
- Any experience in developing sales and service relationships is preferred
- Confident user of Microsoft 360 - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ticketmaster and/or ARCHTICS knowledge is an asset but not essential
- Salesforce knowledge would be an asset
Apply by: November 27th, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.