Manager, Retention & Membership (BMO Field)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
We are looking for an outstanding leader, creative thinker, and collaborator to join us as Manager, Retention & Membership with a primary focus on Toronto FC and Toronto Argonauts. You will apply your innovation, customer-centric mentality, and creative approach to collaboratively define and implement the strategic direction of a world-class Toronto FC and Toronto Argonauts Season Ticket member retention program. As a passionate people-first leader, you will coach and mentor a team of client service professionals, contribute to our team’s continued growth, and be part of our dedication to prioritize and promote equality, diversity, and inclusion as you mentor and guide a team.
You have built leadership experience with an insightful, creative, and strategic mindset, and are able to problem solve, anticipate challenges, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your leadership, passion and commitment to teamwork will contribute to drive successful business results and deliver outstanding experiences and engagement to our Members and teammates.
Be part of the action and the experience. You will:
- Lead. You will support our "Thriving and Engaged Organization" vision by leading your team to achieve both their personal goals and corporate objectives, delivering on annual retention targets across the BMO Field properties. You will train and guide the team's continuous development of retention principles and skills to drive new business and win back Members.
- Lead Change. By continuing to drive and evolve our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion practices for both Members and Teammates. Build inclusive leadership capabilities through anti-racism and unconscious bias training and enable all employees through awareness and education to create an inclusive work environment.
- Coach & Inspire. You will coach a team to deliver a best-in-class Retention and Membership program and live our purpose of 'Creating Exceptional Moments' for our Members and each other. You will review and evaluate the team’s performance on a continuing basis against weekly/monthly/annual operating and strategic goals, and coach individuals and the team to reach their full potential.
- Build partnerships. You will collaborate with:
- Marketing to drive awareness of our Retention and Membership program; and execute business operational requirements (Retention Goals, Engagement, Gifting, Package design, Member benefits, etc.).
- MLSE Digital Labs Team and the Global Partnerships department to create additional value for members through digital assets.
- Internal departments (Food & Beverage, Ticket Admin, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Finance, Legal, GP, etc..) to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service and value to our membership base.
- The business community to grow additional benefits and value for our members.
- Drive strategy. You will own the development of a member engagement strategy to drive us towards building emotional connections with our members across Toronto FC & Toronto Argonauts.
- Manage operations. You will manage annual operational budgets for the BMO Field properties and support in delivering Quarterly Business Reviews with internal partners as well as Front Office. You will own or collaborate on all aspects of the execution of the Toronto FC and Toronto Argonauts member engagement strategy, including events, communications, gifting, and renewal invoicing & operations.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
Your player stats. You have:
- The customer retention and sales expertise. You have proven success meeting and exceeding growth targets through strategic and creative tactics, the development and implementation of new and innovative retention programs, and the ability to identify, attract, and expand opportunities and customer relationships.
- The leadership. You have a proven record of people development, coaching, and culture building, and bring a coaching and growth mindset to everything you do.
- The interpersonal skills. You are an extraordinary teammate who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, and customer service are critical to organizational success.
- The communication skills. You have exceptional oral and written storytelling skills, including expertise in interpreting and presenting results to a wide range of audiences.
- The operational expertise. You have a history of responsible fiscal management of expenses, overseeing revenue and operating budgets, and financial planning. You can see the big picture and rapidly respond, proactively adjusting and aligning both day-to-day and long-term activities to meet shifting demands.
- The blend of analytics, curiosity, and innovation. You can quickly understand existing processes, assess the gaps, and innovate to develop new strategies that capitalize on strengths and build on advantages. You are data-driven and can use metrics to reinforce your assumptions, support recommendations, and drive actions. You take a creative approach to problem-solving.
- The tools. Experience with Salesforce and/or Archtics considered an asset.
Apply by: October 7, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.