Hockey Development Instructor
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a valuable member of the Toronto Maple Leafs Community Coaches team, you will be responsible for instructing youth and amateur athletes through on-ice skill development and/or assisting with the off-ice execution of hockey community programs.
- Plan and lead on-ice training sessions (ie. Skating, Shooting, Defense etc.) for 40 children of all ages and abilities at Toronto Maple Leafs Clinics and Hockey School
- Assist with off-ice related tasks (helping athletes with skates, check-in, etc.)
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Other duties as required
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Must be able to provide NCCP #
- Must have the NCCP course FUNdamentals completed
- NCCP courses that are an asset: Learn to Train and Fundamental Movement Skills
- Must be able to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Background Check
- Must be able to provide two (2) reference letters
- Must be available for the 2022-23 Leafs Clinic Series starting October 22nd and at least one of the two weeks of 2023 Leafs Hockey School, July 2nd – 7th and July 9th – 14th from 7:00am-6:00pm at Ford Performance Centre
- Energy is what makes our staff so special. You must be energetic and charismatic.
- Must be self-motivated and professional
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be able to multi-task effectively
- Previous experience coaching or playing hockey is an asset
- Previous experience as a camp counsellor or youth leader is an asset
- Previous experience in Physical Education, Teaching or Supervisory roles are an asset
Apply by: October 6, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.