Manager, Ticket Operations, Administration & Reporting
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a vital member of the Ticket Operations, Administration & Reporting team, you will join the team responsible for ticket operations across Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE). You will lead the daily tasks of the team, execute events, renewals, ticket printing and deliveries, and work strategically with the Ticket Sales and Membership teams to help meet their plans. You will report on ticket sales and renewals, and league reporting; this requires above-average working knowledge of MS Excel and strong technical proficiency. You have leadership experience and a history of working with and motivating a dynamic team to achieve their department goal. With a stellar attitude, quick thinking, and a “get-it-done” approach, you will excel on our ticketing team and help our organization to win off the playing surface.
- Lead, manage, train, develop and empower your team members.
- Lead all aspects of major team projects, including season seat renewals, invoicing, gifting delivery, and key strategic projects to advance ticket technology.
- Work directly with Ticketmaster to ensure our systems are up to date and operating efficiently, effectively, and harness all the tools available to make our team best in class.
- Help build and supervise department budget, working with Finance on monthly financial results.
- Collaborate closely with department designates and league to fulfill ticket requests.
- Create, build and execute events on system.
- Support game day operations through the management of inventory and the processing of ticket requests.
- Work with key partners (both internal and external) regarding ticket technology upgrades, issues and strategy.
- Run weekly reporting, as set out by the leagues and key department reports (sales, balancing, compliance etc.)
- Ensure settlement packages are complete and accurate post-event.
- Take pride in the organization and its people; maintaining integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Provide outstanding fan service and build positive relationships with partners both internally and externally.
- Lead by example in team management and development, using a “one team” approach; ensure departmental integrity and winning vision are intact.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Sports and/or Entertainment business.
- 3+ years of management experience and successfully leading people.
- Travel to Mississauga required
- Self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, independent learner with a strong ability to communicate to multiple levels in an organization.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills with the ability to handle several tasks and deadlines.
- Full working knowledge of the Ticketmaster Archtics ticketing system.
- Excellent digital literacy (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Ticketmaster, Workplace, Workday etc.).
- Previous experience and knowledge of administration and reporting.
- Demonstrated pride in accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to improve and lead a positive, innovative and encouraging work environment.
- Shown to perform well under pressure.
- Ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Flexible to travel between venues in Toronto and Mississauga, and work evenings and weekends as required.
- A winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Apply by: October 10, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.