System Administrator - Core Venue Systems
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
As a Systems Administrator, you will support an array of Venue Technology core systems both physical and virtual. Working closely with media trafficking, assets management and venue operators, you will ensure each system is operating at high efficiency in order to deliver an improved experience to internal groups and fans alike. You will focus on custom integrations and programming developed for the purpose of streamlining event day operations. This includes data enhanced digital signage, graphical display of live data, and IPTV network distribution workflows. Your tech-minded thinking and knowledge of evolving technologies will contribute to successful execution of day-to-day tasks all the way to premier events.
- Experience with digital signage systems, including content management, scheduling, execution and management of digital media players over IP networks
- Preferred knowledge of BrightSign Network / BSN.cloud , including creation and publishing of presentations to media players
- Strong knowledge integrating and manipulating APIs, including JSON and XML data feeds
- Understanding of data driven workflows, including levels of automation driven through metadata, tagging a queries
- Basic knowledge of computer network topologies, TCP/IP addressing, subnets, and cyber security
- Understanding of video encoding protocols, multicast video streaming, distribution and decoding
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- 2+ years of experience with Digital Signage Systems
- Windows Server OS administration, including working in remote desktop and virtual machine environments
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 creation, including page layout and design
- Knowledge of content and media specifications including codecs, containers, resolutions and frame rates related to transcoding
- Basic experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, relying on sound technical principles when reacting
- Ability to react calm and collectively in time sensitive situations
- Ability to a interpret a broad scope of technical workflows and provide recommendations on efficiencies and future developments
Apply by: Oct 2, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.