Sous Chef, Restaurants & Catering
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
The MLSE Restaurants and Catering team is comprised of a team of skilled cooks and dishwashers who service the premium clubs, Hot Stove, Platinum Club, Scotia Club at Scotiabank Arena as well as a large Catering Department service many of the premium amenities and gondolas.
The role of Sous Chef Restaurants and Catering will provide support for the Executive Chef and Chefs de Cuisines in running the day to day operations of the Scotiabank Arena Kitchens. This includes coverage in all clubs and catering as well as a special focus on our teams, Leafs and Raptors, as well as visiting team meals on game days.
As part of our dynamic and knowledgeable culinary team, you will be responsible for the menu creation and execution of premium events; creating incredible food for our teams and clients. You will be heavily involved in managing and operating the culinary department’s food costs and operating expenses. You will have ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction, while maintaining exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. As the ideal team member joining us, you are a creative thinker with innovative culinary ideas that will create unique experiences for our fans while driving efficiency and improving business processes within the culinary department.
- Support with creating “craveable” menus that are current and on trend, while ensuring clients have memorable experiences.
- Train & manage a team on a daily basis.
- Work with the entire management team to create an inclusive environment for all staff.
- Schedule staff according to current CBA guidelines.
- Promote our internal Common Purpose and employee programs.
- Coordinate all food ordering and requisitions for daily lunch and dinner requirements.
- Work with Managers to ensure correct billing of events, including food, labor, rentals
- Manage sales revenues and operating expenses effectively.
- Provide outstanding customer service and food quality satisfaction.
- Actively participate in all relevant culinary & MLSE departmental meetings.
- Assist with other related functions as assigned by Chef and Manager.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- 2-3 years culinary management experience within a high volume restaurant
- Journeyman’s Cooks Papers (or equivalent in practical experience)
- Knowledge in food costing and menu development
- Experience in large quantity cooking and high volume line expediting and buffet presentations is an asset
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, where building a rapport comes naturally
- Proficient in MS Office and Restaurant POS
- Understanding of Industry business principles
- Committed to work evenings/weekends as the need arises
- A professional, winning attitude
Apply by: Oct 2, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.