Systems Engineer, Arena Technology and Broadcast Systems
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Working with the Manager, Arena Technology and Broadcast Engineering, the Systems Engineer will design, support and maintain all production, broadcast and venue presentation systems in an environment that is primarily passionate about live sports and entertainment production.
- Participate in the design and support of MLSE’s venue technology infrastructure.
- Ensure control room equipment and display systems at all MLSE venues are meeting and exceeding expectation of all partners.
- Lead procurement, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of venue and broadcast equipment and operating systems.
- Maintain and ensure compliance of all league related technology.
- Work with all team members to establish technical strategy and ensure integrity of technical investments are meeting and exceeding presentation requirements.
- Actively participate in engineering event support rotation.
- Maintain a progressive, innovative outlook on the use of technology.
- Liaise with EIC, Engineering Technicians, Technical Producers, Coordinators and clients and contribute to the design and support of permanent and temporary installations.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Demonstrated growth to senior level responsibilities in live broadcast, event presentation and/or A/V engineering support.
- Formal education in a related field or equivalent work experience of 5 years.
- Current, relatable knowledge of all digital video, audio and data management systems.
- Proven ability to manage project-based budgets.
- Detailed understanding of IP and baseband production environments and industry trends.
- Previous experience handling schedules and providing operational event supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead integration projects from concept through installation and support.
- Proven experience with temporary, event-based broadcast and presentation installations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and system design software.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises.
Apply by: Oct 2, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.