Account Manager, MLSE Foundation
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
About the position:
You will be working on an energetic and dynamic development team that values building great relationships above all else. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for supporting success across our partnership’s portfolio through the development of funding and/or sponsorship proposals, stewarding collaborative relationships with MLSE’s Global Partnership team and corporate partners, and driving aligned communication across multiple stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Securing, managing and growing corporate partnerships for MLSE Foundation
- Collaborating with the MLSE Global Partnerships team to strategically deliver on partner business objectives by leveraging opportunities within MLSE Foundation and MLSE LaunchPad
- Creating and presenting innovative, integrated promotional concepts that increase partner activations and achieve partner objectives within MLSE Foundation’s business objectives
- Developing and presenting year-end reports that include comprehensive business intelligence results and which ensure all partner contractual obligations are met.
- Managing off-season planning with partners to ensure programs and activations are ready to launch at start of season and that strategic renewal conversations happen early
- Partnering with the Campaign Director to bring in new business opportunities, support stewardship and advance fundraising campaigns as required
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as required
You’re a great fit for this job if:
- You have experience in fundraising and/or partner management.
- You’re confident turning thinking into actionable plans. You enjoy meaningful stakeholder relationship that drive support and adapting your approach to better meet the needs of all involved. Your work aligns with all relevant policy and legislation including but not limited to workplace standards and policies, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- You are a relationship creator.
- You enjoy building networks, partnerships and collaborations. You embed the principles of integrity and trust in your approach to cultivating stakeholder relationships and are driven to create outcomes that benefit all.
- You are a clear, confident and thoughtful communicator.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable with presentations, public speaking and client-hosting. You coach others towards success, and are skilled at working across partners, donors, and community members of varying ages, cultural backgrounds and lived experiences.
- You are collaborative.
- You work well in a highly collaborative environment. You are ready to lead and to pitch in. You’re excited to collaborate with partners and peers on projects both big and small.
- You are well organized.
- You create efficient systems that enable you to work quickly, solve problems proactively, and produce exceptional quality work. You’re confident using tools like Microsoft office to support your productivity and are comfortable adapting to changing priorities as needed.
- You are community-minded.
- You have good understanding of the communities we serve, and the Mission and vision of MLSE Foundation and the work of MLSE LaunchPad. You have familiarity with applying anti-oppressive and anti-racist principles to your work and engage in continued learning in these areas.
Extra things that can support your application:
- Your fundraising and/or partner management experience has been in either the corporate or charitable sector.
- You have experience utilizing marketing principles, knowledge of mass media and social values in you work.
- You completed a post-secondary education in Events, Fundraising, Sports Management or another related field.
- You have a membership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- You speak a second language.
Apply by: August 24, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.